Thursday 28 January 2010

Charles Price and 'The Real Faith'

Why have our prayers gone unanswered? Why are there so many sick, in spite of the fact that for them the so-called prayer of faith has been offered? Why are our churches filled with the lame and the halt, the deaf and the blind, who sit listening to sermons on divine healing that are true to the Word, and true to the promises of our Lord, and yet are not healed. More than once I have gone home from some meeting with the shouts of victory ringing in my ears... but I have
gone home to weep and cry, out of a disappointed heart, unto my Lord. The crowds were shouting because of some
who were healed; but I was weeping because of those people who dragged their tired, sick bodies back to their
homes—just as needy as they were before they came into the services.
Was there no balm in Gilead? Was there no compassion or sympathy in the heart of the Man with the nail prints in
His hands? Why were some healed in such a miraculous way, and others dismissed with an appeal to keep on
believing and return later, to go through the formula again?
We must face facts. It is not pleasing to the Holy Spirit to dismiss the evident discrepancy between theology and
experience with a shrug of the shoulders, and refuse to ask for light and guidance on this all-important problem.
Only the truth can make us free from the bondage of fears and doubts, and the discouragement that ultimately comes at the end of the road of disappointments. The only way to get the truth is to come in sincerity and absolute honesty of heart and mind to Jesus. Our Lord said that He Himself was the Truth, and as we open the door of the heart to Him we make possible the sweet revelations that only His presence can bring.
So I am going to be very, very frank. Sometimes, perhaps, almost painfully so. I cannot spread my heart out over
these pages and do otherwise; for never before in my ministry as a writer have I been so stirred in my innermost
being as I am now. This glorious and wonderful truth has flooded my soul, until it has lifted me in spirit to the gates of the glory world. I believe and pray that ere you finish these chapters, you too will see the gates of Grace swing open, and your feet will walk down the paths of Faith to the place where you will meet your Saviour in the garden of answered prayer. . .
. . .You have also. In your church there is a multitude of sick and needy people. They love the Lord…they are consecrated to Him ... yet there seems to be such need for a greater lifting of the physical burdens of life in answer to prayer. Ministers of the Gospel have taken me aside scores of times and told me of their discouragements becauseof their seeming inability to exercise active faith in God. If it were not for the fact that every once in a while some suffering soul reaches through and brings the glory down, many of these ministers would feel like running away when requests for prayer are sent to them. Not that these men are not God’s men—they are! They are devoted to their calling and to the Lord, but they stand bewildered before what seems to be a contradiction between word and experience. .
Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment