Thursday 21 January 2010

Rest in Papa God

The below is all from www.youversion.com and is a contribution from P Mcintosh on 1 John 5:3-4. It expresses just how I was feeling this morning, lost, disconnected, fearful, weary. I started praying and then prayed with Emma after she woke up with a jolt and saying she felt confused and upset. God brought the below to me on he train, just right! Thank you Papa God!

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

More and more God has been reaching out to me, longing for me to enter into his rest. Why do I find that so difficult? He is the most loving Father, and yet I am not willing to let him take care of me and just be a kid. I find myself hesitating...worried of what will happen if I entrust EVERYTHING to him. And even though I display these acts of mistrust, only a mustard seed of faith, he is persistant. He never gives up on me. Constantly he tells me "Just fall back into my arms. Don't you know that I will catch you? Don't you know that I know best?"

"This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

And I like how the Amplified version reads:

"For the [true] love of God is this: that we do His commands [keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and teaching]. And these orders of His are not irksome (burdensome, oppressive, or grievous). For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith."

So, John not only tells us what the love of God is, but he tells us that we actually possess this love. We have victory over the evil of this world! And through what??? Our FAITH. I feel like just slapping myself in the side of the head right now. The Bible is so clear sometimes it kills me.

Jesus, Lord of Heaven, soften my heart. Let me enter into your wonderful rest. Let it be well within my soul, O God. Let my faith grow, Lord, so that I fully trust you with EVERYTHING in my life. I don't want to hold back anything from you, so that I might miss an opportunity for you to work in me. But let me live in total and complete surrender to you.

"Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord! Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:York St,Manchester,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment