Wednesday 6 January 2010

Reborn and Renewed

Titus 3:5 Amplified Bible http://www.youversion.com/bible/amp/titus/3/5
"He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but because of His own pity and mercy, by [the] cleansing [bath] of the new birth (regeneration) and renewing of the Holy Spirit"
Not through anything I did, and how often I forget, striving to please God, 'doing' not just 'being' His child. I like the amplified version of being bathed. And the renewing, 'just letting go and letting God',

I know He will give me more of His spirit if I let Him. I need to go to a quiet place and just let His spirit wash through me, renewing me. Not always easy, but there are things we can practise, meditation on a verse, for example. Listening for God's voice by recognising it and distinguishing it from our own thoughts, or the devils negative, accusing thoughts, is something else we can try and practise

His constant reassurance is 'do not fear', full acceptance is ours, He believes in us, He has a good plans for us, He knows you inside out and made you unique, special, He loves you, He even sings over us!

No comments:

Post a Comment