Thursday 18 February 2010

I quieted God's Voice

Grrr, annoyed with myself!
On the train yesterday I sat next to an older man and we chatted a bit. He was nervous because he had not been on the train for years and was travelling from Blackpool to Manchester Royal Infirmary and didn't know his way there. I helped him with that and later a friend of mine from church got on, who was getting off at the same stop as the man, so she helped him later. So it was a good incident, but, could have been better. Why? Because there was a moment when God nudged my spirit and instead of turning round and talking to the man more, I chatted with my friend. What kind outcome could there have been if I had listened or responded to His nudging's, that impression as it were, I wonder? And I have wondered! Whilst wondering I saw, in my mind's eye, myself saying. 'Has anyone ever spoken to you about how Jesus can be your friend and how He could heal you?' Then I saw myself laying a hand on his shoulder and praying for him right there on the train. After which I give him my business card and asked him to get in touch, after he had been to the hospital, l to see if the Lord had healed him.
So maybe it is good that I am grieving over not doing all that, as long as it leads me to greater boldness at the next opportunity. Thank goodness God does not give up on us! So I am sure He will provide further opportunities.
Acts 4:29-31
Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus”.After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
http://www.youversion.com/bible/niv/acts/4/29

Lets dare to pray for boldness!

No comments:

Post a Comment