Wednesday 7 July 2010

I was reading Ephesians yesterday and was encouraged by this verse

Ephesians 3:20
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,"

It's good to know that God is at work within us! Even if we don't feel like He is, we can be reassured that He is

Not only can Jesus do more than we ask, He can do more than we imagine! So God has got a much bigger view of our lives than we have. I might have all my 'asks' for the day, the things worrying me most and God is easily able to answer these and do more. Also He has some excitig things lined up for me that I can't imagine. Sometimes life might seem humdrum, dull, full of routine, but, we just don't know what God has in store for us. God has, for each of us, a unique plan, a destiny, and He is at work to bring this about. So we don't have to struggle to get there, because, it's, 'according to His power'.

It may be that God has planted a seed in you about a gift or ability or a way to serve Him in the future. If you have been discouraged or given up on this, I pray you will feel hope again. Because it doesn't matter what anyone says, or what that inner voice of doubt might say - God's mighty power is at work within you !

Read Ephesians 3 14-21 Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Growth

No comments:

Post a Comment